Thursday, April 19, 2012

Brief Touchdown and Off Again!



Just time to unpack, do laundry, and I'm off again in the morning on the train to Toronto. The plan is to shop with my daughter for a vintage prom dress - the hope is that we find the perfect one in the first shop we visit tomorrow and then spend the rest of the weekend at choice destinations like the Textile Museum, the David Kaye Gallery, Mokuba and the fabric stores on Queen St W. What do you think my chances are? ;) The other highlight will be seeing the stage production of War Horse tomorrow evening.

Came home last night to some very exciting news: Memories of Gombe, the piece that received an award at Art Quilt Elements, has sold! To sell one's work is the ultimate reassurance to any artist - a vindication of the hours and dollars spent pursuing our passion.


Downloaded my photos today, and thought I'd post a few, in case you're wondering about what I saw in Japan that I found inspirational.


















Delighted to report I have finished "Inuit Lament," one of my pieces that will be travelling to Taiwan for the Taiwan International Quilt Exhibition but won't be doing the reveal on this blog until the exhibition is open to the public in August. As soon as I get back from Toronto, I will work on a cheesecloth landscape piece I will be teaching there, and that one I will show online - I hope it may entice some keeners to register for the conference and maybe sign up for my workshop!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. There's no stoppin' you these days, Mary! Wow! I'm lovin' the photos you've posted -- especially that one that looks like (could it be?) fabric, and/or English paper piecing...

    Travelling mercies!

    ReplyDelete