Wednesday, August 1, 2012

IOU!

Oh my goodness - for those of you who have been following my adventures (and especially for those of you who have been teasing me about not finding anything on my blog recently), I owe a huge apology and know I have a big IOU to make good on.  Only lack of time would prevent me from keeping this blog up to date.  I have been keeping very busy since Sarajevo and it's time to show you some of what has been occupying me!

Let's get the first IOU out of the way - I've even had emails asking about my daughter's prom dress. Did it end up looking like Audrey Hepburn's Givenchy dress?  I'll let you decide:
We were quite taken with the back, which her boyfriend's "Nonna" altered, turning the neck from a rounded edge into a V-neck and adding a beautiful dupioni silk bow.  So all that searching in vintage stores in Toronto paid off. We finally lucked out at 69 Vintage on Queen St W if you are ever hunting for something cool like this.  The owner, Kealan, helped us out and I hope she likes what we ended up with.  My daughter looked very elegant and now has a lovely summer dress.  Happy ending.

Around the same time, sadly, we lost our beloved golden retriever, Wilson, who was suffering with Cushing's Disease.  It didn't take my daughter long to pay a visit to his breeder and lo and behold, didn't he have some puppies ready to come home!  :)  So puppy training has taken over our home and who has time to grieve when dealing with the energy levels of a puppy!

Next post, I'll catch you up on my creative adventures!


3 comments:

  1. Love that puppy - and the dress isgorgeous too! Miss your singing :)
    Ali

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ali! But you would be the only one on earth missing my singing! lol

      Delete
  2. Your daughter looks lovely! What a find.

    And congrats on the new pup -- yes, the joys and silliness of pups help with the grieving process.

    ReplyDelete